VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chocolate Creme Oreos Cheesecake

The first time I had this cheesecake was when my mom made it for my birthday when I turned 20, it's amazingly rich.  This is a cheesecake loaded with Oreos (on top of an Oreo crust) and is the perfect gift for an Oreo or chocolate lover!  I made this cheesecake as a reward for the man who won the pie-eating contest at our church carnival, the original prize was a pie of his choice whenever he wanted.  His wife connected with me and asked if I'd be willing to switch it out for a cheesecake.  Her sister was going to be home on leave from Afghanistan and would be visiting them.  I knew I had the perfect cheesecake because I had sent care packages that had cookies n' cream candy bars that were always a hit. 

Ingredients:
15 crushed Oreos
2 Tbs butter melted

4 (8oz) packages of cream cheese softened
1 c sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

1 8oz semi-sweet baking squares melted

20 chopped oreos

Make the crust mixing the melted butter and crushed Oreos together.  Press into 9 in Springform pan.
Make the filling by mixing cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs until well blended. 
Stir in chopped Oreos.
While mixer is running pour in melted chocolate.  Make sure to scrape bottom and sides.
Pour over crust.  Bake for 65 minutes at 325. 
Cool then refrigerate overnight before serving.
You may garnish with whipped cream, Oreos, or mint.

Finished product sans garnishing (whipped cream, oreos, or mint leaves)




No comments:

Post a Comment