VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Friday, January 7, 2011

Butterscotch Cake

I have fond memories of this cake.  When Lydia was born my mother-in-law came and stayed with us for close to two weeks.  She did alot of the cleaning, baking, laundry, and took shifts with Lydia so I could get some rest.  This cake was one that she made while she was with us.  I'm normally a huge chocolate fan but will pass it up for this cake! 

We're having Marc and Ruthie over to play Bridge tonight and I'm using their visit as an excuse to bake this rich yet somewhat light and fluffy dessert.  I appreciate how few ingredients there are!

Butterscotch Cake
1 Yellow Cake mix
1 can (15-16 oz) Butterscotch pudding
2 eggs
6 oz Butterscotch chips
1/4 cup sugar
2-3 oz slivered almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat together cake mix putting and eggs.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. 
Sprinkle with chips, sugar and if desired almonds.
Bake according to directions on the cake mix box.

Note: You can also make it Triple Chocolate! Just use chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding and chocolate chips.

1 comment:

  1. I am fairly certain I have had this cake before, or something similar anyway, and it sounds delish. I just took it out of the oven, and my kitchen smells fabulous! Can't wait to try it:) ~Erica

    ReplyDelete