VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Raspberries, cream cheese frosting, brownies and a piece of heaven!

Sometimes things I've planned take me by surprise.  Does anyone ever have that?  Ya know I invited people over for games and yet I realize two hours before they get there that I haven't made a snack yet!  This happened tonight . . . and a boxed brownie mix and can of frosting came to the rescue. 

Gerard and Bev Winkle and Rick and Ellie Poll were friends who would host Sunday lunch together once a month.  They would invite a bunch of people to eat together yet the group was different every time. One month it might be all the singles, another it might be the church staff or some new visitors.  We were blessed a few times by these two couples and they were a blessing to us during our time in Lake City.  Good food and great company always made for a fun time.  I had these brownie bites with cream cheese frosting and topped with a  raspberry while at one of the get togethers.

I don't have a tart pan so I just made it into a 9x13 size, the little tarts would be great for showers or parties as they look much more elegant!

Make the brownies and cool completely (or you'll get brownie flecks in your frosting like I did- remember I was in a hurry:).
Frost with a can of cream cheese frosting (there may be some left).
Sprinkle with raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment