VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Friday, May 20, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

Cheesy potatoes are one of those dishes that I wish I had known about my entire life.  I didn't have them until I moved to Michigan for college.  I love cheese and potatoes so this creamy and hearty and very easy dish is a winner in my book.  You can bake this in a 9x13 pan at 350 for an hour or you can put it in the crock pot for 4-5 hours.  Either is great and very easy.

1- 2 lb frozen hash browns  (I prefer the southern style that are cubed potatoes but you can use the shredded)
16 oz sour cream
10 oz shredded cheddar
4 oz Monterey jack cheese
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 can cream of chicken soup

Directions

Mix all ingredients in big bowl. Save part of cheddar to sprinkle on top.
Cook in slow cooker about 4-5 hours on low. Then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment