VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

For the Thanksgiving breakfast tomorrow I decided to not shy away completely from cliche fall flavors and do one quick bread recipe using pumpkin.  The only logical choice was to use my mom's (originally from Betty Crocker) recipe that I have loved since I was a kid.  I'm making muffins so if the guys want to run home to shower between the football game and the church service yet live farther away they can still come and grab something to go.


Ingredients
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup oil 
1cup pumpkin 
4 cups of flour
2/3 cup sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 
6 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips


Directions
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix wet ingredients. 
Mix dry ingredients separately.
Add dry into wet until just moist.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 20 min.


Note:  I had enough batter left over to make a small loaf of pumpkin bread!  I just left it in about 10 minutes longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment