VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Saturday, September 11, 2010

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.

The Proverbs 31 woman. . . enough to strike feelings of insecurity in all women.  She's got it together.  The phrase that struck me this morning was "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."  Part of my job as a wife and mother is to keep my family fed.  To do this I sometimes use short cuts. I'll bake or cook twice as much and then freeze it so on a busy day I can pull something out that is cheaper and more nutritious than you may get at restaurant.  The other benefit is you dirty the dishes once not twice:).  By planning ahead and being prepared (not being idle) I can save our family money and time.

Part of my calling is to also provide for those that have physical needs.  Volunteering to provide meals to people is also one of the ways that I can use my gifts and share the love of Christ.  My freezer is a tool I can use to make that job a little easier if it has been a busy week!  The following recipe makes 2 loaves so it is perfect, you can enjoy one now and put one in the freezer!



Zucchini Bread (thanks to Paula Deen)

Cook 1 hour takes about 10 minutes to make and makes 2 loaves.
Ingredients
  • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment