VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ahh Meijer, my fav.  I love Meijer.  Not having grown up in Michigan it was quite the attraction for me.  My first visit to Meijer was actually during the time I flew to Grand Rapids with my sister to check out Reformed Bible College!  A friend of ours came to pick us up and took us there before we met up with more people we knew.  I'm not normally a huge fan of store brand products but for the most part I like Meijer brand.  I made the Oatmeal Cookies on the back of the canister of Oatmeal and they were the most delicious cookies not at all dry like some Oatmeal Cookies are. 

I made these for one of the desserts that was before The Faithful Journey Quartet Benefit Concert.  The Quartet, their families and the Guatemala Team ate together before the fundraising concert.

Faithful Journey Quartet

Amazing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Ingredients:
1 c.Vegetable Shortening
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
3 c. Oatmeal
1 c. Chopped Walnuts (optional)
1 c. Raisins

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease cookie sheets.
Beat shortening and sugars til creamy. 
Add eggs and vanilla mixing well.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt, add to shortening mixture and mix well.
Stir in oats, nuts and raisins. 
Using rounded tablespoons, roll into balls.  Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
Flatten with fork.  Bake 10-12 minutes or til lightly browned.
Let stand a minute before removing to wire rack 

Note:  I didn't flatten them and they were amazing. I may do it another time.
If you add the nuts I can imagine they will be more dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment