VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chocolate Walnut Toffee Bars

Pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts; I'll take them all!  Growing up with two pecan trees in my backyard in Virginia and with my mom's pecan pie a staple in our house I always loved nuts.  As an adult I now keep them in the house all the time for baking purposes or to top salads!  When I bought the bag of walnuts the recipe on the back caught my eye and I decided to try it!  I made these for Post High last week and liked them so much that I ended up making these for the church dinner on Wednesday night. They are simple and really yummy!

Ingredients:
1 c. butter softened
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions
Heat oven to 350.  With mixer beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
Stir in flour salt and 1/2 c. of walnuts.  Spread into lightly buttered 13x9 in pan.
Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Immediately sprinkle with the chocolate and let stand 5 minutes so it melts.
Spread chocolate over cookie base and sprinkle with remaining walnuts and press lightly.

Makes 24 bars.
This recipe is from the Diamond company

No comments:

Post a Comment