VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dark Chocolate Cherry Fudge

This week I made my first batch of fudge!  My mom and sister have done this for years but I'd only tried one time and it was a mess. . .basically I tried some shortcuts and that batch was a flop.  So after many years I decided to give it a try after finding this recipe from Nestle.  This fudge will be Christmas gifts for the church staff to share during their weekly Wendy's lunch and also I'll take some to my book club this weekend (if I'm not in the hospital having a baby. . . ).


Christmas treat.
Ingredients
1 1/2 c. Sugar
2/3 c. Evaporated Milk
2 T butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. miniature marshmellows
1 2/3 c. (10 oz) Dark Chocolate Morsels
3/4 c. (4 oz) dried cherries, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions
Line 8 inch square baking pan with foil.
Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in medium heavy duty saucepan.  Bring to full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Boil, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.
Stir in marshmallows, morsels, cherries and vanilla.  Stir vigorously for a minute or until marshmallows are melted. 
Pour into prepared baking pan then refrigerate 2 hours until firm.  Lift from pan. Cut into 48 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment