VanderMolens by some windmills

VanderMolens by some windmills

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

My family has a tradition of having a snack after Christmas morning service and before opening presents. We then do a later meal that is our main meal of the day.  I like something hot to go with the crackers, cheese and summer sausage that Dad favors.  I decided to make Spinach Artichoke Dip because I could serve it alongside the crackers that we'd planned on serving.  this was the first time I'd made it in the crock pot and it turned out awesome!  The leftovers heated up nicely the next day for lunch as well.

Ingredients:
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 c. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. red hot sauce
pepper to taste
8 oz Mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Mix everything together in a crock pot and cook until melted together.  Stir occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment